HAL ORNSTEIN, DPM, FASPS, FAPWCA
- Podiatric Residency Program California College of Podiatric Medicine - November 1988 - October 1989
- Preceptorship, Eric R. Hubbard, D.P.M. - Long Beach, California June 1987- October 1988
- Senior Year Program at Los Angeles County - University of Southern California Medical Center (U.S.C.) - Department of Orthopedics/Podiatry Section June 1986 - May 1987
- Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio, Doctor of Podiatric Medicine - September 1983 - May 1987
- Rutgers University - Cook College, New Jersey - B.S. in Chemistry September 1978 - May 1983
- Edison High School September 1975 - June 1978
- Jersey Shore University Medical Center (Meridian Health System) Department of Orthopedics, Neptune, N.J.
- Kimball Medical Center (Saint Barnabas Health Care Systems) Department of Surgery, Lakewood, N.J.
- Ocean Medical Center and Shore Rehabilitation (Meridian Health System) Department of Orthopedics, Brick, N.J.
- Jersey Shore Ambulatory Care Center (Meridian Health System), Neptune, N.J.
- Ocean Rehabilitation, Brick, N.J.
Certifications, Academic Appointments and Positions
- American Board of Podiatric Surgery - Board Certified Status
- Adjunct Faculty, Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine
- Primary in development and implementation of Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine practice management course
- Clinical Adjunct Professor Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine, Department of Surgery and Des Moines University College of Podiatric Medicine
- Certified Yoga Instructor (CYT-200 hours) – to complete March 2016
- Albany University Men’s Lacrosse Team Podiatrist
- Fellow, American Society of Podiatric Surgery
- Fellow, American Professional Wound Care Association
- Associate, American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine
- 200 Hour Registered Yoga Teacher (200 RYT)
Positions Held And Associations
- Managing Partner, Affiliated Foot and Ankle Center, LLP
- Chairman and Founder, New Jersey Podiatric Physicians and Surgeons Group, LLC
- Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and Founder of NJPPSG Management, LLC
- President of the Ornstein Family Foundation
- President and Founder of Podiatric Super Group Management, LLC
- President and Founder of Yoga Peace Kula 501 (c)(3) and Yoga Studio in Howell and Belmar, New Jersey
- Founder, Jersey Shore Yoga Collective
- American Podiatric Medical Association, Member
- New Jersey Podiatric Medical Society, Member
- Founder and Chairman Foundation for Podiatric Excellence and Growth
- Past Chairman, American Academy of Podiatric Practice Management
- Founder and President Institute of Podiatric Excellence and Development
- Editorial Board, Podiatry Management Magazine
- Past President, Howell Chamber of Commerce
- Business Development and Growth Howell Chamber of Commerce
- Howell Township Senior Advisory Board, Member
- Founding Medical Director, Howell Chamber of Commerce Medical Division
- Howell Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Jackson Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Southard Fire Department – Howell Township, Honorary Member and Chair of Community Service and Public Relations Committee
- Howell Township Educational Foundation, Board Member
- Department Photographer, Southard Fire Department – Howell Township
- Member of the Howell Elks Lodge #2515
- Alumni Board, Kent State College of Podiatric Medicine
- Member, American Podiatric Medical Writers Association
- President, Bayview Country Club Estates Home Owners Association
- Board, Riccio Pick-Me-Ups Foundations
- Secretary and Treasurer, National Guild for Medical Providers of the Lower Extremity, Office and Professional Employees International Union AFL-CIO
- Member, American College of Medical Quality
- Howell P.B.A. #228 Silver Card Service Award
- Recipient, Wal*Mart/Sam Walton Community Business Leader Award
- Founder of Miles of Smiles Birthday Club for underprivileged children and seniors
- Honored as 150 Most Influential Podiatrist by Podiatry Management Magazine
- Distinguished Practitioner in the National Academies
- 2009 Podiatry Management Magazine Hall of Fame and Lifetime Achievement Award
- Kenison Award, American Podiatric Medical Students’ Association
- Howell Chamber of Commerce 2008 Volunteer of the Year
- Inducted into Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine Hall of Fame Society 2011
- American Podiatric Medical Association Meritorious Service Award 2012
- Meritorious Service Award American Podiatric Medical Association 2013
- President’s Award Canadian Federation of Podiatric Medicine 2013
- Numerous articles in Podiatry Management Magazine, APMA News, PM News, The Journal of Medical Practice Management and other national podiatric publications (Reprints available upon request)
- Ask the Experts specialist for American Academy of Podiatric Practice Management Author of the book 31 1/2 Essentials for Running Your Practice along with Dr. John Guiliana and Mark Terry (Greenbranch Publishing)
- Two books pending and in the works
- People, photography, reading, life, his pets, writing, hugs, mentoring and yogaMark Terry (Author) › Visit Amazon's Mark Terry PageFind all the books, read about the author, and more.
Dr. Hal Ornstein is Founder, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the New Jersey Podiatric Physicians and Surgeons Group, LLC; President of Podiatric Super Group Management, LLC; President of the Institute for Podiatric Excellence and Development, Managing Partner of Affiliated Foot and Ankle Center, LLP and Chairman of the Foundation of Podiatric Excellence and Growth. In addition, he is Consulting Editor for Podiatry Management Magazine and organizer of the four-year practice management course at the Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine (KSUCPM), and served as Immediate Past Chairman of American Academy of Podiatric Practice Management (AAPPM). He is a Distinguished Practitioner in the National Academies and on the board of the American Podiatric Medical Association Political Action Committee as well as serving as adjunct faculty at Temple, Scholl and Kent Podiatry Schools. He has given over 500 presentations internationally and has written, as well as having been interviewed for, over 300 articles on topics pertinent to practice, people and life management. He also serves as consultant for array of companies in the podiatry community.
He also serves on the Alumni Board of KSUCPM and in 2011, was inducted into the institution’s Hall of Fame. In 2009, he was honored to receive induction to the Podiatric Hall of Fame and received the Podiatry Management Magazine Lifetime Achievement Award. He is co-author of a multidisciplinary management text entitled 311/2 Essential Tips for Practice Management Success, a Greenbranch publication
He dedicates his life to carrying out his personal mission statement; “Every Day is an Opportunity to Create and Share Miles of Smiles,” and works to help others alter their paradigm to demonstrate that “Life Just Gets Better” by encouraging definition and achievement of success. As such, Dr. Ornstein was very proud to create The Ornstein Family Foundation to drive his purpose in life, which is to give as much as he can, to as many as he can. This passion for others is driven through his love for yoga becoming a 200 hour Registered Yoga Teacher in 2016. Yoga, photography, family, his pets and people are his favorite hobbies.
Dr. Ornstein has been in private practice for over twenty-five years and currently serves as Medical Director of Affiliated Foot and Ankle Center, LLP with an office in Howell, New Jersey where he currently resides. He actively participates in local non-profit community run programs as well as national programs such as Yoga Gangsters, a Miami-based national non-profit organization whose mission is to empower youth by addressing the symptoms of trauma and poverty using the practice of yoga.